Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pumpkin Log

Well, it's that time of year again when I crave my mom's signature Thanksgiving dessert (after apple and pumpkin pies, of course). I remember attempting to help Mom with rolling out the cake from the time I was, well, I don't really remember the age. Suffice to say young.

Makes 2 logs

Ingredients for the Cake:
6 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. canned pumpkin (not the pie mix)
1 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon

Ingredients for the Filling:
2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
4 T. butter or margarine
2 t. vanilla

Directions
Mix cake ingredients together until combined. Line two 11x17 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into each sheet and bake at 350 degrees until set. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto two towels and turn cakes over onto towels. Roll pumpkin cakes up length-wise and place in refrigerator until cool.

Beat filling ingredients until smooth. Unroll the cakes, and spread the filling onto the cake. Roll the cakes up and sprinkle with powdered sugar for decoration.

1 comment:

Marnee Bailey said...

I've been making these this month. I'm taking some to Christmas Eve at Mike and Nikki's.